Friends of the Library enjoy:
- Circulation access to the library's print collection
- Invitations to special events and lectures
One of the benefits of Friends of the Library membership is the opportunity to check out books and media (excluding e-books) from the Harold B. Lee Library. Many who live in Utah Valley, and even some who live out of state but visit here frequently, use our resources.
Unfortunately our library, along with many others throughout the country, has been a victim of book theft. To combat this growing trend and to protect our collection for your use, we have implemented new procedures. New or renewing Friends who would like to check out library materials will now follow these steps:
- Complete a User Agreement Form (also available at the Library General Help Desk)
- At the library, provide government issued picture ID. Accepted: driver license, military ID, passport, or state ID card issued by the DMV
- Make membership payment with cash or debit/credit card (we can no longer accept checks)
- Obtain University ID card which serves as your library card (see ID Center hours for their hours of operation)
Setting up and renewing your library account can be time intensive. Please plan for at least 30-45 minutes to complete the set up or renewal of your library account. Thank you in advance for your patience during this process!
Supplemental forms are required for 1) students enrolled at institutions that have “reciprocal borrowing” agreements with BYU and 2) high school students assigned to use the BYU Library. These forms are available at the General Help Desk.