- 75 W CO2 laser cutter and engraver
- Cost is $0.50 per minute of laser runtime
- Operable Dimensions: 24 x 18 inches
- Cutting options are wood (some exclusions), paper, cardboard, and acrylic. Although metal coatings and stainless steel can be etched, metal does not get cut.
- Material thickness for cutting can be up to ¼ inch thick, but wood should not exceed .22 inches. Material thickness for engraving can be up to 9 inches.
- For cutting, the file type must be vector format (AI, DXF, SVG). PDFs work too if the vector lines have not been converted to pixels. Line weight must be .1 pt. or thinner.
- We can provide cast acrylic, cardboard, cardstock, chipboard, and high-grade Baltic birch plywood at modest prices.
- Please note that we may reject certain materials such as MDF, tempered hardboard, vinyl, leather, polycarbonate or warped wood.
- Cutting/engraving carries a risk of damage to materials, and you will not be reimbursed if your materials become damaged in the process
Come by The Makerspace in the library to drop off material you would like cut/engraved.