RefWorks is a Web-based bibliography manager that allows you to create a personal database of research resources by importing references from text files or from online databases.
Write-N-Cite allows you to use these citations in your paper and automatically format the paper and the bibliography in seconds.
RefWorks mobile site is http://www.refworks.com/mobile. Just browse to that site on your mobile device to have access to all your citations.
Using Write-N-Cite from off campus
To use Write-n-Cite from off campus, you must load the WNC Proxy Configuration Utility by doing the following in Windows XP:
- From the Start Menu select Programs and RefWorks
- Select the WNC Proxy Configuration Utility
- Enter this URL: https://lib.byu.edu/cgi-bin/remoteauth.pl?url=https://www.refworks.com/Refworks/?WNC=true
- Click OK
After running the utility, when you launch Write-N-Cite you will be to login to RefWorks Write-n-Cite using your netID and password. After entering your netID and password, you will need to enter your RefWorks ID and password.
- Activate Write-N-Cite.
- Select Preferences from the Write-N-Cite menu.
- Select the Proxy option and enter https://lib.byu.edu/cgi-bin/remoteauth.pl?url=https://www.refworks.com/Refworks/?WNC=true
- Restart Write-N-Cite for this proxy configuration to take effect.
"Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself." Because the software is intalled on your computer, no login ID or password are required.
EndNote / ProCite
For those interested in using the library catalog with EndNote and ProCite via Z39.50, here is the connection information:
- Server: z3950.lib.byu.edu
- Port: 2200
- Database Name: unicorn
EndNote Find Full Text Feature
EndNote has the ability to find full text of material within your EndNote database. To increase the odds of EndNote finding the full text, you need to include the OpenURL Path and authentication URL in your EndNote Preferences (under the "Find Full Text" section)
- OpenURL Path: https://lib.byu.edu/jfinder.pl
- Authentication URL: https://cas.byu.edu/cas/login?service