Further Reading and Resources
Backhouse, Janet. The Illuminated Manuscript. Oxford: Phaidon, 1979.
- HBLL Stacks ND 3310 .B32 1979
Brown, Michelle. Understanding Illuminated Manuscripts: A Guide to Technical Terms. Malibu, Calif.: J. Paul Getty Museum in conjunction with the British Library, 1994.
- HBLL Stacks ND 2889 .B76 1994
De Hamel, Christopher. A History of Illuminated Manuscripts. Oxford: Phaidon, 1986.
- HBLL Stacks ND 2900.D36 1986 or Special Collections Reference ND 2900.D36 1986
De Hamel, Christopher. The Book: A History of the Bible. London: Phaidon, 2001.
- Religion/Family History Reference BS 445.D45x 2001
Shailor, Barbara A. The Medieval Book. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1991.
- Special Collections Rare Book Collection Z 6621.B424 S5 1991
Thompson, James Westfall. The Medieval Library. University of Chicago Studies in Library Science. New York: Hafner, 1967.
- HBLL Stacks Z 723.T47x 1967
On the Web
CERL Portal: Links to digitized manuscripts and early printed material (Consortium of European Research Libraries)
Explore Art: Images from Medieval Books (J. Paul Getty Museum)
From Manuscript to Print: The Evolution of the Medieval Book exhibition (Cornell University Library)
The Making of a Medieval Book exhibition (J. Paul Getty Museum)
Medieval Manuscript Manual (Department of Medieval Studies, Central European University, Budapest)