UA 923 Views of Brigham Young University Campus Development
December 26, 2012
Brigham Young University has grown from a small academy into one of the largest private universities in the United States. Ephraim Hatch, a university employee who worked for Physical Facilities, compiled a series of pictorial histories documenting that growth photographically. These histories are contained in UA 923 Ephraim Hatch views of Brigham Young University campus development. The collection includes pictorial histories of building construction at the university from 1875 to 1975 and is arranged chronologically. Images are grouped by university presidential administration. The collection also includes pictorial histories of individual campus structures built and remodeled during 1970s and early 1980s as well as photographs, slides, and negatives of campus buildings and personnel, and other schools operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Also included are images of the construction of the Provo and Jordan River temples, and images of the Brigham Young University-Hawaii campus, the Ricks College campus, the Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies, and the Missionary Training Center adjacent to Brigham Young University.
For more information about this collection, contact the University Archivist at (801) 422-5821 or email@example.com.