Lodging and Travel
On the campus of Westminster College, residential dorms are available to all conference participants @ $37 per bed per night. There are only single beds available. The rooms are arranged in a “pod shape” with three rooms and bathroom on each side of a shared living room and complete kitchen.
The residential dorms are located on campus and completely handicap accessible. It is a 5 minute walk to the north to the Institute venue. Another 10 minute walk to the south there is a shopping district (including health food store) in a district called Sugarhouse.
To view the residential dorm, check the Westminster website to view the dorm facility.
All reservations for the dorms need to be made directly on the conference registration form.
For additional hotels in the Salt Lake City area, please use cityscape.com.
There is a special conference rate ($102.00 PLUS taxes / 1 – 2 people) for limited rooms (queen or king size beds) are currently being held at Peery Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. The Peery Hotel is a boutique hotel. No complimentary shuttle but a taxi ride to campus can be shared with several people and that fee would be under $15. Please contact the Peery Hotel directly and ask for the rooms held for the AHS Institute 2009 special rate.
toll free 800-331-0073
Directions, Maps, and Parking
- Westminster College Interactive Map
- Follow links for directions and parking
- Jewett Center for the Performing Arts and Emma Eccles Jones Conservatory (#24)
- Brigham Young University Map
- For specific directions enter starting address in upper left hand search box of the map
- Harold B. Lee Library, International Harp Archives (#53) – Located in the center of campus
- School of Music, Harris Fine Arts Center (#39) – Located immediately northeast of the Library
- Free Visitor Parking – Located in the parking lot just northeast of the Museum of Art (#64)
- Limousine service at special AHS Institute rates: Mark Edwards 801-671-4536 / S&S Limousine / email: MSE628@aol.com / $35 Airport to Westminster College (1 – 6 people with luggage and same single rate applies, no extra charges for additional people)